Paul June’s Quarterly Newsletter – Holiday Addition
The winter holidays are upon us and year’s end will be here before you know it. It’s the perfect time to gather with friends, family, and colleagues to reflect on the year that “was” and the year ahead.
For what are you most grateful? Are your relationships growing, supportive, and healthy? Is your family life everything you hoped for? Is your business growing and thriving? Do you feel fulfilled and satisfied with your lot in life?
While no life is perfect, and we all have our good days and bad, that doesn’t mean we can’t or shouldn’t be thankful for what we do have and the people in our lives.
That said, here’s my list of what I am most thankful for in 2015:
I am thankful for God, family, and a growing business.
My faith gives me fortitude and hope, which guides me through the ups and downs of daily living.
- Without the love and support of my wife, Sara, how could I even begin to discuss anything else?
- I’m thankful to my grandparents, in-laws, Ann and Warren Larkin (my parents have passed), and countless other family and friends who provide Sara and me with babysitting relief for “date nights” and the occasional volleyball game!
- I’m thankful for my little Leland, who’s now walking and talking (“Daddy” just happened to be her first word ;).
- I’m thankful for the newest addition to the June family, who’s on their way (ETA April 2016)!
- More than a year has passed since my last back surgery (two surgeries total) and I’m thankful to be back playing volleyball, hiking, running, and keeping up with Leland. But, man, I ache more than ever—but that’s probably more a sign of my age! I keep telling myself, “A body in motion, stays in motion.”
- I’m thankful for my first vacation in years, which was good for the body, mind, and spirit as I spent a week with my new in-laws camping in Lassen National Forest in Northern California. Good times.
My Growing Business
With the relaunch of Barrel O’Monkeyz a year ago, I am thankful for a business that’s doubled in size and that allows me the privilege of working daily with the likes of Laura Hendrickson, Dina Daglas, Travis Perriera, Michael Duffy, Bill Ennis, and others. They make each day an amazing adventure!
I am also thankful to get to contribute to the success of wide range of sports and active lifestyle clients and organizations:
- DMOS Collective (of Kickstarter success)
- Gobie H2O Water Bottles (of Shark Tank fame)
- Ground-Based Nutrition (increasing market share)
- Airport Van Rentals (three new locations)
- San Diego Sports Innovators (largest springboard class ever!)
- Huntington’s Disease Society of America (best gala ever!)
I’m sure I could go on with lots more (for example, I am also grateful for good books to read, good TV shows, the Dodgers making the playoffs, the Raiders better-than-expected start, my iPhone, and the occasional cold brew), but you get the idea. We all have a lot to be thankful for, and it just takes a moment to step back, reflect, and realize it.
What are you most thankful for? Isn’t it time you started counting the ways too?
Take a moment to think about it. It’ll make you feel good, and acknowledging others makes them feel good too. And remember, you don’t have to wait until the holidays to be grateful—you can be grateful all year round.
Wishing you all an amazing holiday season!
A good blog! I will bookmark a few of these.. Elenore Chilton Hance