I recently read a book called “The Go-Giver” by Bob Burg and John David Mann (http://www.thegogiver.com) which stated that the 5 Laws of Stratospheric Success were as follows:
- The Law of Value: Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment.
- The Law of Compensation: Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.
- The Law of Influence: Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people’s interests first.
- The Law of Authenticity: The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.
- The Law of Receptivity: The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.
The principles of the book stroke a cord with me, due to the above laws don’t only apply to business, but can be applied to anywhere in life – in your friendships, marriage, business and more. As much as I falter at times, I try to govern my life by these laws.
My name is Paul June and I recently launched a full service marketing and development firm called Barrel O’Monkeyz made up of some of the best people in the business dedicated to strategy, results and fun. To me fun is what gets me out of bed in the morning. Fun is being able to embrace the five laws stated above.
Am I being naïve trying to build a company based around these beliefs? I am hoping a company rooted in morals, integrity and solid ethics will not only improve the company’s balance sheet, but also improve life’s balance sheet. Love to hear your thoughts.
Special thanks goes out to the Barrel O’Monkeyz nation in particular Rod Pena for pushing me on building a church, Kimberly Roush for helping me see how big I can be and Christi Haley Stover and Chip Schulte for trusting me with their businesses as “Go-Givers”.