‘Tis the season of gifts and giving! This holiday season, instead of stressing over what to give and battling crowds at the mall, try thinking outside the “gift” box to create unique experiences for your loved ones and friends as well as to help your local merchants.
Below are Los Angeles area individuals and companies that offer gift certificates, vouchers, stocking stuffers, and other non-traditional items, which are perfect for gift-giving this time of year. These individuals and companies are all in my local “Le Tip” small business group (www.letipculvercity.com) and the money you spend on gifts with them goes a long way to support the local community. It’s a safe bet you won’t find any typical consumer retail “stuff” on their shelves (those who have shelves, that is).
I’m a firm believer that when you give a gift that’s outside the norm, whether it’s a physical product or even a gift certificate, you show that you actually gave the gesture some “real” thought, which is often more meaningful to recipients than the item itself. And if you’re not in the LA area, I’m sure you could sit down and come up with your own list like this. Who knows, making your “list” available to others may be the best gift you give!
- Mary Kay Cosmetics: For that special someone in your life, try the Mark Kay experience. Email Kim Pariser today at [email protected] to set up an appointment.
- Soft Touch Auto Spa: For the car enthusiast who has everything, email Ryan Johnson at [email protected] to set up an appointment for him to stop by and give your car some TLC.
- Tree of Life Hypnotherapy: I would not promote something I would not try myself. Felice Austin and hypnotherapy rock! I felt like I spent a week at the spa after one hour in hypnotherapy. Contact her today at [email protected].
- Interiors Made Eezzy: Why did I ever go furniture shopping before? Sam McCullough and his team of professionals offer custom furniture and more at costs below retail. Contact Sam at (310) 842-7265.
- Dream Big: For that entrepreneur in your family who is trying to grow his or her business sooner rather than later. Sign up for Lorenda Philips’ “Dream Big” event on January 25. Email her at [email protected].
- Rubiner Photography: Holiday parties, family photos, professional photos, web site images, and more. Contact Abran Rubiner at [email protected] to capture your next big moment.
- Olympic Chiropractic: Who’s got your back? After racing around on a daily basis, Dr. Glenn Fischel has yours! Start listening to your body today and set things straight at (310) 477-4531.
- Ford’s Plumbing: Trust me! The holidays are the time of year where drains get clogged the most. Give someone a gift certificate for plumbing by calling Ford’s today at (310) 815-1515.
- On the Waterfront/Chalet Edelweiss: For the foodies in my network, this is the perfect gift certificate for a mix of Swiss, German, and European edibles. Can you say “delish”? Contact www.chaletedelweiss.us and www.waterfrontcafe.com today and tell Stefan the monkey king sent you.
- Bountiful Baskets by Jean: One of my favorite holiday gifts for clients or the office team. Ask Jean to customize a basket to your needs. Call her at (310) 582-1200 and tell her the monkey king gives her many jungle shout-outs!
- RISE Acupuncture and Herbology: Looking for a gift a bit out of the norm? Contact Casey Marie Smith at (310) 399-5388 and make an appointment today. The energy that radiates from RISE is amazing!
- Videos by Cloudwalker Films: Capture your special moments for web, family outings, or private use. Richard Clayman and his team of videographers are the best. Contact Richard at [email protected].
- SendOutCards: I love this online software! If you are that busy exec with hundreds of contacts and no personal assistant, then look no further when it is time to send out cards (www.sendoutcards.com). Just upload your image or choose from stock photos to create your cards and have them mailed to that special someone or list. Call Gary Pearl today to discuss at (310) 291-3322.
- Riviera Ink: Looking to purchase small or large quantity gifts for your neighbors or staff? Look no further. Contact Leilani Rivera today at [email protected].
What are YOU doing to support your local community during the holidays? How can you help others who are having a hard time figuring out what to get people? Share your ideas and experiences here.
Happy Holidays to ALL!
I love this. I am totally going to get the car detailing gift certificate for a friend. And if anyone wants to know what would make me happy, I would also love a clean car or some Mary Kay pampering or a spinal adjustment. 🙂
Excellent post. I was checking constantly this weblog and I’m impressed! Very useful information specifically the last part 🙂 I take care of such information a lot. I was seeking this particular info for a very long time. Thanks and best of luck.
Hello there, I discovered your blog by means of Google while looking for a related subject, your web site got here up, it appears to be like great. I have added to my favourites|added to bookmarks.
I do trust all of the ideas you have presented on your post. They are very convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are very quick for newbies. May you please prolong them a bit from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.
I’m really impressed with your writing skills and also with the structure in your blog. Is this a paid topic or did you modify it your self? Anyway stay up the nice quality writing, it’s uncommon to peer a great blog like this one nowadays..
I used to be recommended this website through my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else recognise such particular approximately my difficulty. You’re incredible! Thanks!
Wow, superb weblog format! How long have you ever been running a blog for? you make blogging look easy. The full look of your site is fantastic, let alone the content!
My dad has been writing a study manual exactly on point with this blog, I have emailed the internet page over to him
so he could pick up a couple pointers.
Great Job thank you!
I have been browsing online more than three hours nowadays, but I by no means found any interesting article like yours. It is beautiful value sufficient for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made excellent content as you did, the internet can be a lot more helpful than ever before.
Many thanks for the material. I concur with everything you point out. My sibling is composing a term paper on the exact same matter and I will post him the website to get a few suggestions from your writing. If not, he would merely term paper writing. I appreciate you for the article again!
Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to mention that I’ve really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing for your feed and I hope you write again soon!
Hi my family member! I want to say that this article is amazing, nice written and come with approximately all vital infos. I would like to look extra posts like this .
I feel that is one of the such a lot vital information for me. And i am satisfied studying your article. But wanna observation on some general issues, The web site style is great, the articles is in reality nice : D. Just right job, cheers
Terrific work! This is the type of info that are meant to be shared around the web. Shame on Google for not positioning this put up upper! Come on over and visit my web site . Thanks =)
We’re a bunch of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with helpful information to paintings on. You’ve done a formidable activity and our entire community might be grateful to you.
I really believe this information. Its a plus in a position. My spouse and i really really. When i enjoy the following excellent study. I am trying to find this specific solution for years. Nowadays I eventually had my own remedy because of this blog.
Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else may I get that type of information written in such a perfect approach? I have a mission that I am simply now working on, and I’ve been on the look out for such info.
You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I to find this topic to be really one thing which I feel I might never understand. It sort of feels too complex and very extensive for me. I am looking forward in your next publish, I’ll attempt to get the hang of it!
Its such as you read my thoughts! You appear to understand a lot approximately this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I believe that you could do with a few p.c. to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, that is excellent blog. A great read. I will certainly be back.
Normally I don’t learn article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to check out and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, quite nice article.
hi!,I really like your writing very so much! share we be in contact extra about your post on AOL? I need an expert on this space to solve my problem. Maybe that is you! Taking a look ahead to look you.
It appears you recognize a good deal concerning this.
Cool story it is surely. My girlfriend has been waiting for this content.
You can certainly see your skills within the paintings you write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren’t afraid to mention how they believe. All the time follow your heart.
I think that is one of the most important information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. However should commentary on some common issues, The website taste is perfect, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers
Whats up very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Superb .. I’ll bookmark your website and take the feeds also?I’m glad to search out a lot of useful information right here in the publish, we want work out more strategies on this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .
I have learn some just right stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much effort you put to create this sort of wonderful informative site.