North County Volleyball presents the “War of the Roses” two-person king and queen of the beach co-ed volleyball tournament invitational on Saturday, February 8, 2014 to benefit the Huntington’s Disease Society of America (HDSA).
“War of the Roses” will be held rain or shine and is limited to 48 people (24 guys and 24 gals).
- Where: Dog Beach, Del Mar CA
- When: Feb 8, 2014. Check-in is at 8:30 am, and the tournament gets underway at 9:00 am
- What: Cost is $50 (for a mini breakfast, lunch, 1 rose and sweatshirt, along with prizes for 1st and 2nd places and pool winners)
- Sponsors: Smack Sportswear, Brigantine, Jersey Mikes, Good On Ya Bar, Alberstons, and SKLZ
- Donation: Approximately 50% of registration will go to the San Diego chapter of HDSA. Actual donation amount to be determined post-event after reviewing final costs.
- Parking: Paid event parking is located at Dog Beach in Del Mar; free parking can be found on either the north or south side of the beach.
Participants will be randomly divided among four courts (6 males & 6 females). Every guy will play with every gal, and vice versa, allowing each participant to play five games. Top two guys and gals will be pulled from each court along with two random players to create two rounds of playoffs.
- RSVP: Email me at [email protected]. You can pay in advance via PayPal unless otherwise coordinated with me to hold your space.
- More Info: LIKE North County Volleyball on Facebook to at http://www.facebook.com/NorthCountySDVolleyBall.
- PS: Del Mar is one of the only beaches that allows you to enjoy a beer on the beach during the winter time.